Simply put, I enjoy scrapbooking and making cards and couldn't afford to pay for my hobby!
At least that the most influencial reason.
Other reasons include but are not limited to:
1. People were already asking me for help and advice with their paper crafting projects for which I was happy to oblige.
2. Hopefully I make at least a little income for my family through it but I'm going to have to be more disciplined to stop spending my commission!
3. The Workshops on the Go were a real seller because as I set up a club, I now have an excuse to have ladies come over to scrapbook every month! Total girls' night therapy!!
4. Close to My Heart specifically is actually more affordable now and their prices are right on par with other major craft brands and stores so I don't feel like I'm overspending by buying CTMH product!
5. Being a consultant gives me the motivation and inspiration I need to actually get my scrapbooking projects finished! I've done more scrapbooking in the past year than probably in my entire scrapbooking career before this! And by career, I mean 10 years of being a hobby scrapbooker! I am actually going to have completed albums to show for all my hard ***work*** ahem....
6. Which actually brings me to my final reason. I can now write off my hobby and anything I need for my hobby for tax purposes because my hobby is also my business!! Bonus!
Here's a quick pic of my little family. I think this is the most recent one we have :)
...for now anyways :)